Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Squats, Squats and More Squats

Today is the end of my 30 day squat challenge!  I have done 100 squats every day for the last month and it has been awesome!  I have never minded squats so this challenge was quite enjoyable (at least it wasn't lunges...Not a fan of those).

 
Squat with Kickback

I started out doing 10 sets of 10 throughout the day.  At first you have to think about it and try to stay on top of it so you don't have to do 60 of them as you are climbing into bed.  Soon it becomes a habit.  I decreased the number of sets I did over the month and made sure to mix it up keep from getting bored!
Pilate Squat


I would do squats with weights, squats with alternating knee lifts, pilate squats, squats with straight leg lifts, squats with kick backs, narrow stance (knees together) squats, wide stance squats, squats with small standing ab crunches, one legged squats (I always did these when brushing my teeth and hooked my free foot on the edge of the bath tub)....and the list goes on!


One Legged Squat

I never got bored with this and am planning on continuing this challenge indefinitely!  Why? Because I feel the results and it is something I have enjoyed!!  I can now feel the muscle in my legs and feel that they have gotten tighter.  I have a ways to go to get the legs I want but I know this is a step in the right direction! 

Squat with Standing Ab Crunch

I have lost an inch and a half off of my hips! this may be due to the changes in diet but I am sure that the squats have helped!  I plan to add another challenge as this one now comes easy to me.  So I will be doing 100 squats a day and .... well I'm not quite sure yet but I think it might involve planks!  I'll let you know when I have it figured out.  And I challenge you to try the 100 squats a day for 30 days!  It is fun and you can feel the difference!  Even if its not squats find something you like and give it a try!  The key is to just get moving!

Happy Trekking!
daneesha

Pictures From Google Search

No comments:

Post a Comment