Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Cleaning...Your Attitude?!?

It's spring time!  In Montana, we typically don't notice the first day of spring (it usually looks a lot like winter).  However, this year it was GORGEOUS!  I spent the whole day outside cleaning the yard and readying my pots for new plants.  The sun was out and the birds were singing and it was the perfect spring day.  With spring upon us and starting a new job next week I am in full spring cleaning mode.  What is on my spring cleaning list?

  • Closets
  • Yard/Flower Beds
  • Diet
  • Cupboards
  • Garage
  • Attitude
Some of these things are finished such as the yard work and diet but what I want to focus on is spring cleaning attitudes.  Seems kind of silly but it is something I feel strongly about!  Isn't it time we leave the negativity behind and clean out the clutter of thoughts telling us we are not good enough and find a positive out look on life?  When nearing the end of their life many people say one of the things they regret not letting themselves be happy.  Happiness is a choice we make each and every day!  We are in control to how we respond to situations and circumstances.   

"So often we get caught up in the illusion that there is something just beyond our reach that would bring us happiness: a better family situation, a better financial situation, or the end of a challenging trial.

The older we get, the more we look back and realize that external circumstances don’t really matter or determine our happiness.

WE do matter. WE determine our happiness.
You and I are ultimately in charge of our own happiness."
  

~ DIETER F. UCHTDORF


How true this statement is!  How many times have I said I will be happier when school is done, or it will be better when I get a different job? (Too many I'm ashamed to say)  Why not be happy RIGHT NOW?  Why not say, 'God will give me strength today to do whatever I need to do and to do it with JOY''? (taken from Change Your Words, Change Your Life by Joyce Meyer)  I challenge you to spring clean your attitude along with your house.  Check and see what negative thoughts are hiding in the dark corners and throw them out along with those old sweaters you don't wear.  Replace the negativity with self acceptance, love for others, faith that God loves you and wants the best for you and the knowledge that you can be happy if you let yourself!

Happy Trekking!
daneesha

No comments:

Post a Comment